Monday, January 27, 2014

Personalization Possibilities

It is exciting to see the progress the student I'm tutoring is making with writing.  This week we worked on a lesson about skateboarding I designed with https://www.frolyc.com/.  The more personalized the lesson is the more engaged the student is and the more writing he produces.  This week he even wanted to go back and add to his answers to make them more detailed by connecting to the information he already knew and the new information he read!  Usually he is in more of a rush to get through the lesson.   I'm really impressed with his increased attention and desire to do well.  It's very exciting to see the increase engagement when lessons are relevant and personalized.  I think I'd like to experiment with him actually authoring one of our upcoming lessons!




No comments:

Post a Comment