Sunday, June 8, 2014

Designing a Frolyc lesson...my process

It's been a long time since I've posted, but I was inspired to write again after I started to design a Frolyc lesson for the student I tutor.  After talking to a colleague about how I put lessons together I decided to detail my process.


  • Decide on a personalized, high interest topic.  During our last tutoring session we talked about summer activities.  I decided to design an activity around the idea of  going on a road trip.
  • Page 1 - Intro to the topic via relevant text (website), video or a combination of the two.
  • Page 2 - Additional information on the topic from alternate sources.
  • Page 3 - Quick check for understanding using multiple choice or short answer question.
  • Page 4 - More info and set up of main task involving a longer response requiring more critical thinking.
  • Page 5 - Pose an in depth question with space for the response.
  • Page 6 - Allow the student to show their understanding in an alternate and more creative manner by producing and labeling a drawing.
I haven't assigned the activity yet.  I'll post some "before" screen shots below and follow up with screen shots later in the week once the activity has been created.
Page 3
Page 4
Page 5
Page 6


No comments:

Post a Comment