- Decide on a personalized, high interest topic. During our last tutoring session we talked about summer activities. I decided to design an activity around the idea of going on a road trip.
- Page 1 - Intro to the topic via relevant text (website), video or a combination of the two.
- Page 2 - Additional information on the topic from alternate sources.
- Page 3 - Quick check for understanding using multiple choice or short answer question.
- Page 4 - More info and set up of main task involving a longer response requiring more critical thinking.
- Page 5 - Pose an in depth question with space for the response.
- Page 6 - Allow the student to show their understanding in an alternate and more creative manner by producing and labeling a drawing.
I haven't assigned the activity yet. I'll post some "before" screen shots below and follow up with screen shots later in the week once the activity has been created.